Feb 7, 2012

LESSology Challenge #11: Creative Inspiration from Audrey Pettit, Kirsty Vittetoe, Laurel Seabrook, Linda Lapotka and Yvonne Yam


Photobucket

Curious to see how the team interpreted LESSology Challenge #11: Flights of Fantasy?

Audrey Pettit

Hi everyone, it's Audrey, here sharing my project for our new challenge, Flights of Fantasy.


I absolutely adore our challenge theme this time around! So many possibilities! I mean, is there any end of cute bird products on the market these days? For my project, I made a card with this adorable owl die that I fell in love with at first sight and couldn't wait to use. What a perfect opportunity to try something new.


I die cut the owl from several different patterned papers so I could mix and match the parts to create my own design. I used foam adhesive on some of my layers to give depth and dimension to the little guy, and centered him in an ornate frame that was die cut from kraft cardstock. A little bit of white paint around the edges gives an instant sense of age to the design.

Added a hand-stamped sentiment banner and a layered pom-pom, seam binding bow, and perched my owl on a twig, my up-cycled goody for today. I do love to incorporate a bit of nature into my projects. :)

Kirsty Vittetoe


My daughter is a music major at Calarts, she is preparing her solo recital and I know she will love this.....

Flight of the Bumblebee by Nikolai Rimsky Korsakov, one of her all time favorite


I intend to put a little gift in there just for her...


this project started with a little favor box I got from a wedding dinner party


it is old and torn so it needs a little make-over


old book pages, stamps, glimmer mist, tissue paper tape, and the new look!!!!


now Pixie is ready to take her flight........


flight of the bumblebee, which is.......



Laurel Seabrook


Hi Laurel here.  When I saw this challenge I immediately thought of some of my old maps that I was given and decided to make a travel themed mini journal.  I altered a chipboard album and made a little travel journal for jotting down some quick, short notes on the day's adventures, making it easier to scrap the photos when we get back.  Some of the journal spots are adhered on three sides only, so as to make a pocket for receipts and tickets.  I stamped a tag on one of my maps to use as an embellishment on the album cover.


Now a couple of photos of some of the inside pages:





Now to go on a trip!

Linda Lapotka


We have a fun challenge called Flights of Fantasy. I took the flight part seriously and made this whimsical bird.







I formed the bird with two cells from an egg carton.  Then I painted it white.



The legs are the metal things you tie your turkey together with to keep the stuffing from falling out. 


For the base I covered a box with DP from CTMH and poked the legs into that. Then I covered the bird with feathers. Next I added a flower to the front of the bird, and the base. The base flower is a daisy that I added a homemade embellishment to the center. 



The last thing I added was a Tim Holtz ticket tags that says SOAR. This was so much fun. Feathers were flying everywhere. LOL This whimsical bird will remind me to SOAR with my ideas.

You can see how I created this in a video at my blog.

I hope you will join the challenge. We look forward to seeing your Flights of Fantasy.


Yvonne Yam

Hello friends! It's Yvonne here to share my inspiration for LESSology Challenge #11: Flights of Fantasy.

Flights of fantasy

My project is a combination of my fascination with hot air balloons and my recent love for making tissue paper pom poms.



This little basket used to house some delicious lychees. The lace and ribbon were from an ugly bridemaid's dress.


I love that I could put candy in the basket at a party and keep it neatly away for use on another occasion.



All I need to do is fluff up those pom poms! :)

Has the design team inspired you to give LESSology Challenge #11: Flights of Fantasy a try? You are free to interpret the challenge in any way you want as long as you include at least one upcycled item.We would love to see your entries! :) 

9 comments:

marenmat said...

Love, love, looooove the projects you all made!! Wow! Supercute!
But the bumblebee really stole my hart ;o))

Dora said...

Gorgeous work ladies!

mandysea said...

All so very very different and delightful! Love each of them! WOW.

Ros said...

Fantastic creations ... just amazing what you girls can come up with ...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love love all of these!! You all rocked this challenge! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Audrey Pettit said...

Awesome job, guys!

curlyqmosaics said...

Absolutely fantastic creations! So inspiring and very clever!

~amy~ said...

FABulous ladies!!!!

Unknown said...

Your creations are sooooo inspiring with all your different interpretations of the challenge! A serious "WOW" to you all! :)