May 5, 2015

LESSology Challenge #47: Creative inspiration of Yvonne Yam

 photo Challenge-47-Lets-have-a-cupcake-design-team-projects_zps8pvrayaf.jpg

Ready for a week of yummy cupcake inspiration? Let's check out what design team member Yvonne Yam came up with for LESSology Challenge #47: Let's have a cupcake!


Yvonne Yam photo Design-team-member-Yvonne.gif

I love to make my own trinket pins so I thought it would be cute to make a little cupcake trinket pin cushion for my pins. :)


It's such a fun and easy project! 


I started with this firm packaging sponge that could fit inside my silicone cupcake mould. I shaped the edges with a scissors.


I wrapped the sponge in a light brown remnant piece of cloth to serve as the "cupcake", then hot-glued the pearls along the circumference. I added some vintage lace trim to cover up the glue marks, then added a ribbon bloom and a resin bloom for the "topping".  I finished with some trinket pins that I made along with some Maya Road leaf pins.


My mum loves this idea and will be teaching her kids at school how to make this cupcake trinket pin cushion. It would make such a sweet and non-fattening gift, eh? *winks*

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Very innovative and pretty

Suman Pandit said...

very pretty !!

maria f. said...

Super sweet idea for Mom.

Curls N Twirls said...

Its so cute :) would love to try this!!

SD pooja said...

Very Pretty n useful !

Lizzyc said...

This looks gorgeous! Yes a wonderful gift as well as something for the Mother's Day school stall to sell too!

Lizzy Hill said...

Waaay sweet & waaaay cute & waaaaay useful! Can't get better than that. I would NEVER have thought of doing this! Looks fabulous:):)

Michelle said...

Delicious!
It's seriously adorable.

Tone-Lill said...

My word!!! This is ultra cool and so super creative....I just love this cupcake pin cushin idea Yvonne, you never stop to amaze me with your cool innovations :)