Sep 8, 2016

LESSology Challenge #62: Creative inspiration of Mitra Pratt

 photo Challenge-62-Handmade-invitationr-Design-Team_zpsm81o0aw2.jpg

Why not make someone's day a little sweeter with a handmade invitation for tea? Have a look at the pretty invitation design team member Mitra Pratt came up with for LESSology Challenge #62: Handmade invitation.

 photo Design-team-member-Mitra_zpse5c48df0.jpg

I must admit that this month's challenge had me a bit stumped: Make a handmade invitation. Create an invite to a special event. Think beyond a simple card.




































In fact, this little tea cup came home with me from the Corning ReStore but wasn't for this specific project. I just liked the gold and the black. Suddenly I thought up making a tea party invite with this little vintage cup and some tea bags. 








































Heck, you could even stick some pieces of special chocolate in the cup, or a biscotti. Yum! I happen to know for a fact that little vintage cups like this are quite common at second hand stores. Making the tea pot for the invite was super easy too. I used a cutting file from THE CUTTING CAFE called The Tea Pot Shaped Card Set.










I used a little printable for the actual invite. Added some clear vellum from a clothing tag to make steam coming out of the tea pot. Added some bling and a gold bow I had left over.






































The colors were inspired by my tea pot & that gold tin that also came from Corning ReStore. I used gold embossing powder on the very top of the lid and the handle to match. So pretty!

Hope you get a chance to play along! A good start is something that catches your eye at a second hand store!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

LOVE this!! Love that teapot shaped card! Awesome invitation... I'll be there! :)

SD pooja said...

Yes I too loved the teapot shaped invite and how creare to use actual cup :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Totally super cute. Now, if only I was closer, I'd come join your tea party!!!! And I so 'get' how that cup inspired this gorgeous project :):)